Sunday, June 13, 2010

Classic Trilogy Smackdown, coming soon!

Ladies and Gentlemen, for my first trick!


For my first 6 sets of posts I'm going to be doing a relatively straightforward operation - six plays in two trilogies.  It's Aeschylus vs. O'Neill!  The Oresteia goes round for round with it's (relatively) modern American Civil War retelling, Mourning Becomes Electra.  Here's my (optimistic) schedule:



Agamemnon 6/15-6/16
Agamemnon Topic 6/17
Homecoming 6/21-6/22
Round 1: Agamemnon v. Homecoming! 6/23


The Libation Bearers 6/25-6/26
Libation Bearers Topic 6/27
The Hunted 6/29-6/30
Round 2: The Libation Bearers v. The Hunted! 7/1


The Eumenides 7/5-7/6
Eumenides Topic 7/7
The Haunted 7/9-7/10
Round 3: The Eumenides v. The Haunted! 7/11


Should be exciting!  I haven't read any O'Neill since, um, I was last required to read him.  I recall despising the pace and language, but with the Oresteia to anchor it maybe it won't be like pulling teeth this time.


A note: please be lenient with me as I learn to blog, and also to hopefully write a little better!


Hasta pronto, amigos!

No comments:

Post a Comment